7pm, Wednesday, 10 November 2021
Topic 1/2: VoIP PBX with 3CX
Speaker: Nick Skarott
Nick has been spending the lockdown trying to teach himself software PBX systems for Voice-over-IP phones. He will discuss his journey through a couple of different platforms, and why he’s settled on using 3CX.
Topic 2/2: Selenium browser automation
Speaker: Scott Davies
Scott will demonstrate the use of the Selenium browser automation tool, best-known as a means of running automated tests for software, and “other useful things”, including automatic web form completion. He says to expect surprising performance, along with a few gotchas…
Scott’s presentation will consist of demonstrating some uses of Selenium in Ubuntu with Java for automated testing, and in its own dedicated IDE.
$2 gold coin donation
- Masks must be worn, unless medically exempt.
- Guests must sign in using either the COVID-19 tracer app or the paper register.
- We are prohibited from using the kitchen, so there will be no coffee/snack break. We recommend bringing your own drink bottle.
- 7:00pm: Welcome (John Flower)
- 7:10pm: Topic 1/2: VoIP PBX with 3CX (Nick Skarott)
- 8:00pm: General business (John Flower)
- 8:10pm: Topic 2/2: Selenium browser automation (Scott Davies)
- 9:00pm: Doors close
One thought on “November: 3CX and Selenium”
Great meet last week, thanks folks. Scott has made his slides available here: <https://www.plug.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/selenium-scott-davies-2021-11-10.pdf>